Functional Terrain Assessment
Get the Full Picture of Health
The Functional Terrain Assessment is a series of tests that are performed to determine the internal milieu or terrain of the body. The testing looks at the following 9 parameters:
- pH – How acid or alkaline the body is.
- Kidney Assessment – How the kidney’s concentrate urine and how hydrated the body is.
- Vitamin C – Assessment of vitamin C reserves in the body.
- Adrenal Balance – Assessment of adrenal stress or fatigue.
- Mineral Balance – Assessment of Calcium, Zinc and Iodine levels.
- Oxidation/Inflammation – Inflammation is involved in most imbalances in the body.
- Urinary Indican – Assesses the overgrowth of unfriendly flora in the GI tract.
- Urinary Sedimentation – Assess how the body digests proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
- Heavy Metal Screen – Assesses overabundance of toxic metals in the body. Examples include: mercury, lead, cadmium, etc.
Individually the tests mean one thing. However if you group them together they develop patterns about the internal milieu and how they body is functioning.
Dr. Atkins teaches classes in the USA, Canada and Europe to health professionals, showing them how to perform these tests and analyze the patterns they develop.